Thursday, January 22, 2015

The most awesome year : 2014 (Report)

  • March 2014 : Complete renovation of my office : Floor-tiling, false ceiling, new concealed electricals, modern lighting, accented distempering, the works.
  • May 2014 : My research students won the Best B.Tech Project and Best M.Tech Project (Mr. Joseph Thekinen) awards in the Department of Ocean Engg. and Naval Architecture, IIT Kharagpur. 
                                   

  • June 2014 : I realized the true meaning of Article 21 of the Constitution of India. My new car Neelam (Maruti Alto 800) arrived. B.Tech student, Mr. Ankit, presented his work at the international conference OMAE2014, at San Francisco, California, USA. 
  •                                    
  • July 2014 : I started working with my first PhD student, and a new B.Tech student.
  • July-August 2014 : Residence makeover : Kitchen and washroom tiling and furnishing, new electrical wiring, distempering the interiors with my favorite sandalwood hue.
  • September 2014 : New high speed workstation for my research team, with several specialized softwares. 
  • October 2014 : B.Tech student joined me for research, on vortex-induced vibration. M.Tech student, Mr. Ameya N. Kannamwar, presented his work at the international conference SNAME Maritime Convention, at Houston, Texas, USA.
  • December 2014 : OMAE2015 paper co-authored with Mr. Rahul Jindal, on rudder vibration, submitted. All my students got placed in their first interview. Road trip to Mandarmani.  
                           

No comments: